Bromine Hot Tubs
Last Updated -
All hot tub protocols will indicate that your water should be changed starting at 4 months. The refill button will turn from blue to orange at 4 months and from orange to red at 6 months. You are free to perform the refill whenever you choose.
Refill Actions / SetupRefill actions are performed when you first set up pHin and after every hot tub refill ( 4 to 6 months ).
- Stain & Scale - prevents mineral buildup
- Bromine Reserve - sodium bromide forms a reserve in your water which can be activated with shock
On Demand ActionsOn demand actions are created in response to your water conditions.
- pH Down
- pH Up
- Sanitizer - The bromine hot tub protocol will recommend shock to activate the bromine reserve and sanitizer your water.
Timed ActionsTimed actions are created after a time interval. Some timed actions take things like water temperature into account when choosing a time interval.
- Timed Sanitizer - You'll be asked to refill your floater with bromine tablets on a regular interval
- Test Strip - pHin asks customers to perform test strips and scan them in the app in order to keep tabs on slower moving measurements like: total alkalinity, total hardness, & cyanuric acid